1. the swimming pool was 'heated'. By what, I'm not sure. Perhaps the sun?
2. The Bayeux Tapestry is not, in fact, a tapestry. It is utterly brilliant.
3. The French are exceedingly good at biscuity snacky things.
4. Normandy is 'very French', according to K.
5. I had to use 'je ne comprends pas' once in the entire week we were away, trying to explain to the non-english speaking maintenance dude that our gas hob was kaput. My last french lesson at school was in 1984. I reckon I did ok.
6. Framboise ice-cream is utterly delicious.
and other stuff. Ate lots, saw lots of things, took lots of photos.
Wheatfields at Arromanches
Bayeux cathedral is awesome
LB the photographer
obligatory poppy shot
Ed the explorer. Note the awesome hat.
cute piggy cakes in Bayeux.
Bayeux again. Have I mentioned how fab it was?
dark skies over Luc-sur-Mer