1. List five things you can see without moving:
Assorted O'Reilly tech books
A small blue dish which I bought in chinatown, San Francisco, containing various rechargeable batteries
A pair of 3d glasses
My Discworld Librarian statue
Hester the guinea pig.
2. How do you style your hair?
'Style' is a strong word. 'Cut it short and wash it daily' is entirely more accurate. It troubles LB that I never, ever brush my hair. Ever.
3. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
I suspect I use them pretty much equally, though usually for the purpose of solving tricksy crossword puzzles.
4. Who killed Nanna Birk Larssen?
I have no idea who that is. Am I missing out on something?
5. What are you wearing right now?
My awesome Dark Bunny Tees Inception t-shirt and a pair of dark blue checked pj shorts.
6. What's one gluttonous thing you like doing?
only one? Jaffa cakes. I used to go through an entire box on the drive home from the supermarket. NOM.
7. What are you thinking about right now?
Jaffa cakes, and the lack of them in this house.
8. Dog person or cat person?
Animal person. I love dogs and cats, and they seem to like me. K's parent's pup Bess absolutely adores me, though probably because I give the best belly scritches in her little world.
9.Write the first word that comes to mind.
Probably because it's on one of the O'Reilly books in front of me (Being Geek, by Michael Lopp, aka Rands. It's a brilliant book.)
10. Would you be horrified if your partner/family/friends saw your browser history?
I'd be rather startled to discover that they knew how to find it, but not worried about what's in it. I suspect they'd be rather 'whu?' about it, being a jolly eclectic mix of ephemera.
11. A project you want to finish? Just one? Short term or long term?
Learning a programming language to the point where I can do something useful in it.
Finishing a Monty story.
12. What are you doing this weekend?
Probably some allotmenteering. Raised beds to build, stuff to plant. It's that time of year.
13. How are you? Truly?
Tired, but generally happy. Bemused by life.
14. What did you do today?
Drank entirely too much coffee, as Starbucks were doing an offer whereby you got a bag of coffee beans for each 'handcrafted' drink you bought if you waved a voucher at them. I ended up with three bags of coffee, and a sizeable caffeine buzz that's only just starting to wear off.
15. What are you looking forward to the most?
Centerparcs with K and the Beans (and our friends L & F) over the long bank holiday weekend
16. Last thing you did?
I've been sat at the 'puter since about 8 doing random stuff. Before that, put the kids to bed.
17. What are you doing tomorrow?
picking up my new specs. I'm ridiculously excited about this. I'm sure it will wear off pretty quickly.
18. What is your dream occupation?
Something to do with books or coffee. Or both.
19. What is your favourite kind of pie?
Any pie from this place:
The smoked haddock pie was spectacularly good. As was the lamb.